Thursday, January 1, 2009

Dawgs Win!

Georgia defeated Kennesaw State by 20 points. The final was 72 to 52.

The highlight for me was seeing Troy Brewer contribute. He was the leading scorer for Georgia, notching 15 points. The bigs did a decent job, too. Albert Jackson was 6 of 6 from the line, and finished with a double-double (12 points and 10 rebounds).

Dustin Ware had 10 points and 6 assists. I think he did a decent job of running the team. I was disappointed, though, with the team's number of turnovers-- many of them unforced. We just don't look like a team that can compete with the trapping, full-court pressure squads that we will face in the coming weeks. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Zac Swansey cut his leg and had to have stitches. Not sure how that happened. Maybe I missed the explanation. Anyway, he was unavailable for the game. I think it was useful for Dustin Ware to have to play major minutes. He will really have to perform Saturday, or Missouri will beat Georgia by 20.

No comments: