Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Quite the Irony

Or so it seems to me.

The New Jersey Nets have recently announced that former UGA coach Dennis Felton will be on the team's coaching staff for the summer league. Part of Coach Felton's duties will be to prepare the Nets' top draftee Derrick Favors for the rigors of the NBA.

So, Felton will get to coach Favors after all.

Felton's failure to attract Favors to Athens was the deciding factor that led to the coaching change in Athens (Who knows? Perhaps if Tech under-performs this year, Hewitt's failure to keep Favors in Atlanta could lead to a change in Atlanta).

Interesting.

2 comments:

mr. sanchez said...

Very interesting. How does he keep getting work farther up the field after failing? Well, good luck Favors.

Also, I like the new format. Very snazzy.

DaugMan said...

Every now and then I experiment with different colors and layouts for the Blog. Most of the time I decide against saving the new version and go back to the old, but a few days ago, I decided to change things permanently.

Glad that someone likes it.

The news about Felton was a surprise to me. I'll be curious to see how things work out.