Saturday, September 25, 2010

Georgia performed about like I expected

We have flashes of potential. Aaron Murray had a couple of nice runs, a few instances of decent touch on the football. Kris Durham did well.

I think we all agree that 2010 is and will continue to be a down year for us. Can we get to a bowl? I guess we're playing for pride at this point.

We will lose games that we are supposed to win. Mississippi State was an example. When all we score is two field goals, we know something is wrong. The Kentucky and Vandy games will be struggles.

With that said, I can really see us winning a game that we're not supposed to. I am thinking of Florida right now.

A.J. comes back next week. He really is a difference maker. The Dawgs will get better, but not soon, and certainly not soon enough for most of our fans.

Hang on guys, it's going to be a bumpy ride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I can really see us winning a game that we're not supposed to. I am thinking of Florida right now."

You're either a prophet or delusional. I fear the latter and hope for the former...

DaugMan said...

Ha! Good one.

Yeah, I know beating Florida is a long shot. And it makes me absolutely sick that UF is once again in the driver's seat for winning the SEC East.

However, Florida did not look like world-beaters at all earlier in the season. Their win over Kentucky was impressive, but their earlier victories, not so much.

We might discover that Ken Malcome can run the football, that our tight ends can catch, or that a quick passing game can work. Some of Grantham's cussin' could finally light a fire under our defense. Strange things, perhaps, but college football is a strange game.